Are you looking for an opportunity to utilize your networking skills while being exposed to and learning new technologies? If so, this is the opportunity you have been waiting for!
We are currently seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join our team of highly skilled engineering professionals at one of our client sites in Bethesda, MD. This position will be on a team with other Networking professionals and requires an active TS/SCI with the ability to obtain a CI Poly.
- Design and implement network configurations, troubleshoot performance issues and carry out network monitoring.
- Address and resolve complex technical problems relating to the installation, upgrade, and daily operation of local and regionally distributed network hardware and systems.
- Evaluate problems of work flows and network usage, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action.
- Have flexible working hours to be available to support team when needed.
- Travel locally to the client’s sites outside of Bethesda, MD, estimated to be about 10-20% local travel.
- Provide physical support and set up such as running cables, setting up racks, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field required.
- At least 3-5 years of hands-on network engineering experience utilizing Cisco. NX-OS experience preferred.
- At least one networking related certification including but not limited to CCNA or CCNP, required.
- CompTIA Security+ or DoD-8570 equivalent certification is required.
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance and ability to get CI Poly required.
- Experience with protocols, such as OSPF, BGP, VRFs, AAA and ISE, preferred.
- Knowledge of Windows or Linux administration is a plus!
- Experience working with Crypto or TACLANE equipment is a plus!
- Ability to lift up 40+ lbs over the head, ability to bend and maneuver in tight quarters and ability to stand for extended periods of time is required.