Media conglomerates create original programming and entertainment content for audiences of all ages. These media groups hold multiple companies under one large umbrella, encompassing enterprises like cable networks, radio stations, major motion picture studios, publishing houses, and even theme parks. They offer global and locally-produced content in different languages, reach countries all over the world, and typically enter millions upon millions of households every single day.
With a focus on creating profits in global markets, many conglomerates direct their efforts towards creating original content for television and the big screen. Fresh content calls for collaboration, though; other studios are needed to support functions like editing and computer-generated imagery (CGI). Partners are also needed to provide premium entertainment where subscribers can watch live on their televisions or on-demand.
As data perpetually evolves, so do security fears.
The media lifecycle is constantly changing. Content must be produced, dispersed, and consumed not only as consumers want it, but also when they want it – and in a way that keeps advertisers happy. Entertainment must be available via phone, tablet, computer, television, and whatever technologies are coming up next.
Media groups also have to control their supply chains. Working in concert with other film studios, special effects houses, and editors around the globe on projects is a necessity, but it generates data integrity and access concerns that must be addressed.
Media Conglomerates need to account for tomorrow while governing data today.
Conglomerates need complete, cohesive solutions that meet all of their data requirements. They should be able to create, edit, process, disseminate, and store content all within a platform that is agile, cost-effective, and future-proof.
Five critical areas must be addressed:
2. Granular, well-defined security – With multiple sites and numerous users, access must be specified at a level beyond projects and groups.
3. Reliable, self-healing intelligence – The systems must have 100 percent uptime and no single points of failure, with no disruptions for maintenance or upgrades.
4. Intuitive, easy administration – To lower administration costs, monitoring and management must be straightforward and uncomplicated.
5. Tiered, scalable storage – To ensure cost effectiveness and make the most of system performance, storage must be tiered based on metadata. It should also be able to grow exponentially without impacting functionality.
kSAFE with IDMT™ presents a smart storage technology solution.
Keeper Technology believes that the data challenges of media conglomerates can be satisfied by implementing platforms that can handle the most demanding access, management, and protection requirements. These platforms also offer media groups a way to reduce costs, improve performance, and mitigate risks while decreasing the time it takes for them to process and store data. Keeper Technology’s solution can give the enterprises storage roadmaps for the future – all while keeping their five essential factors in mind.
Keeper’s object-based data storage appliance, keeperSAFE (kSAFE), with integrated Intelligent Data Management Technology (IDMT) would provide the backbone for each platform. Not only can data and metadata be managed, but IDMT grants enhanced functionality that would bring data governance to an entirely new level.
Keeper Technology’s storage technology offers:
- kSAFE with IDMT federation allows multiples sites, with multi-petabyte configurations, to work together seamlessly.
- Queries, both structured and unstructured, can be executed across every system with a single command.
- As files enter the system, kSAFE with IDMT automatically extracts metadata. The metadata is user extensible, with both manual and programmatic updates supported.
- Audit trails and revision histories are inalterable, and system-wide user access and data visibility can be defined at a granular level.
- IDMT enables data correlation, policy- and trigger-based actions, and even the indexing and management of data stores external to kSAFE.
- Patterns can be identified, tagged, and searched.
- Through access controls, workflows have never been simpler to oversee. kSAFE with IDMT tells you what you have, where it is, who has access to it, and what they are doing with it.
- Self-healing intelligence reduces administrative costs.
- The user interface makes it simple to view overall system health and analytics, and produces reports for data-driven decision-making.
- 24/7/365 world-class support and training ensures comprehensive asset management.
- Updates and maintenance can be performed with zero downtime.
- kSAFE with IDMT provides advanced policy-based tiering for optimal performance and cost savings.
- The “replicate everything” feature serves as the basis for disaster recovery, and supports both RAID and erasure coding. It also means that there are no single points of failure.
- kSAFE’s infinite scalability equals a storage solution that is future-proof, without compromising on performance.
kSAFE with IDMT can give media groups metadata-driven solutions for their digital repositories. The platform would provide cost-effective, efficient data intelligence, allowing media conglomerates to truly manage their data throughout the entire media lifecycle. And with their content secure, they could breathe easier and concentrate on producing more quality entertainment for generations to come.